Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Poppies on Blue Sky X


Poppies on Blue Sky X
Original 30" x 40" x 0.75" painting
Golden, Liquitex, and Atelier acrylics on gallery-wrapped canvas

Today's painting is the latest in the Poppies on Blue Sky series. This is the largest single-canvas version of this painting that I've done. My patrons really love this composition, and I've sold each edition in the entire series. This series was inspired by a friend's photo and my imagination.

I'm still getting a reasonable number of commission orders too. I have a few more in the pipeline, and am grateful for the work. Painting has been my day job for over five years now, and I want to keep it that way. So thank you, patrons, for allowing me to paint full time.

Quote of the day: "The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude." --Friedrich Nietzsche