Saturday, June 27, 2009

Today's Paintings 6.27.09


Moyes
Original 18" x 36" x 0.75" painting
Golden, Liquitex, and Chroma acrylics on gallery-wrapped canvas




Back Road Through the Fields III
Original 24" x 36" x 0.75" painting
Golden, Liquitex, and Chroma acrylics on gallery-wrapped canvas

Today's work includes a new painting of our cat Moyes. My family and I foster cats and kittens from the local animal shelter. Fostering cats basically involves getting them healthy, as well as getting them acclimated to being around people (especially the kittens) prior to their being put up for adoption. Moyes is one of our "foster failures"--a cat we were fostering and ended up adopting ourselves.

Moyes always looks annoyed, which is one of his more endearing qualities. He could have a can of Fancy Feast all to himself and still look annoyed. His favorite things to do are to sleep with my husband and I, and to steal the bag of catnip and consume it all himself. He can't help it...

The other painting I listed today is the newest edition in the Back Road Through the Fields series, which I also recently created as a new original commission for a wonderful patron who's bought several of my paintings.

Quote of the Day
"This above all; to thine own self be true." --William Shakespeare