Friday, July 24, 2009

Today's Paintings 7.24.09


Red Trees VIII
Original 70" x 18" x 0.75" painting
Five 14" x 18" canvases
Golden, Liquitex, and Chroma acrylics on gallery-wrapped canvas




Quaking Aspens and Colorado Peaks Commission
Original 24" x 36" x 0.75" painting
Golden, Liquitex, and Chroma acrylics on gallery-wrapped canvas

Today's work includes the newest edition in the Red Trees series, a 70" wide multi-canvas painting using five 14" x 18" canvases. I also got approval from my patron on the Quaking Aspens commission that she ordered recently. My commission work continues to be prolific, and once again I want to thank my patrons for their continued interest in my work!

Quote of the Day
"We really have to understand the person we want to love. If our love is only a will to possess, it is not love. If we only think of ourselves, if we know only our own needs and ignore the needs of the other person, we cannot love." --Thich Nhat Hanh