Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Today's Paintings 8.25.09


Pasture, Creek, and Stormy Sky
Original 16" x 20" x 0.75" painting
Golden, Liquitex, and Chroma acrylics on gallery-wrapped canvas




Twisted Apple Tree with Pink Blossoms XII
Original 30" x 40" x 0.75" painting
Golden, Liquitex, and Chroma acrylics on gallery-wrapped canvas

Today's work includes a new composition: Pasture, Creek, and Stormy Sky, as well as the newest edition in the Twisted Apple Tree with Pink Blossoms series.

One of my favorite musical ensembles is The Roches. I've been listening to their music since the 1980s, and was listening to their music yesterday while I was painting. I decided to go to their web site, found an email address to write them, and told them how much I've enjoyed their music over the years. I also told them how much I relate to the stories told in their lyrics, having grown up in a large Catholic family on Long Island.


Lone Cow
Original Acrylic Painting

Well, to my surprise, their mother--who responds to fan email--wrote me back and gave me high praise for my work! I wrote her back and offered to create a painting for them. Again, to my surprise, Suzzy Roche checked out my web site and requested a new edition of my Lone Cow painting!! I can't tell you how thrilled I am that my work will hang in the home of one of my favorite musical artists!

Quote of the Day
"Everyone is good." --The Roches