Saturday, May 2, 2009

Flower Garden Against a Yellow Sky


Flower Garden Against a Yellow Sky (Commission)
Original 48" x 64" painting
Golden, Liquitex, and Chroma acrylics on gallery-wrapped canvas

Today's work was on a large commission from my signature composition Flower Garden Against a Yellow Sky. This patron requested a commission of the second painting in this series (see May 1 blog entry), only much larger. Given the size of the painting, he requested that I send it rolled.

Another patron bought a small painting (16" x 20") from one of my sales venues today, and also requested that I send it rolled. She will be shipping it to her home country, Lebanon, and wanted to reduce her shipping costs. I am always happy to accommodate special requests from my patrons.

Announcement
I've done a breakout of the topics to be covered in each of the four two-hour sessions of my workshop Selling Your Artwork Online. You can view the topic breakout by session on my web site.

Quote of the Day
"In a time of anger or despair, even if we feel overwhelmed, our love is still there. Our capacity to communicate, to forgive, to be compassionate is still there. You have to believe this. We are more than our anger, we are more than our suffering. We must recognize that we do have within us the capacity to love, to understand, to be compassionate, always." --Thich Nhat Hanh

Note
A dear friend died today, someone who fought and won against his own personal struggles, and who gave selflessly to others to help them rebuild their lives from the inside out. Jon Marsh--thank you for all you have done.