Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Embellished Giclee Prints


Red Leaves and Shadows

Original 24" x 36" x 1.5" painting
Golden and Liquitex acrylic paints on gallery-wrapped canvas
Reproduced as a giclee print

This painting is one I did a couple of years ago which my broker in the UK selected from my portfolio. He has ordered embellished giclee prints of my work for a high-end condo development project in Portugal that he's working on.

My local printer--Denver Digital--is using Ultrachrome K3 inks on artist's canvas, and I'm embellishing the prints with Liquitex and Golden acrylic paints. Most of my time for the past two weeks has been spent on the embellishing work, but I have also managed to produce some new originals for sale.

My hope is to expand my business to include giclee reproduction sales to interior designers and architects. I use high-resolution TIFFs taken with a Canon PowerShot Pro 1 camera at 300 dpi for prints.

I currently sell my reproductions of my work on artistrising.com, which also includes art.com and allposters.com. You may do a keyword search for my work using Patty Baker on all three sites. There is also a link to my work on Artist Rising on the top right of my blog page, and my web site.