Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Alaska Commission Update - 2/25/09


Alaska in Early Fall
Original 60" x 60" painting
Golden and Liquitex acrylics

Here's the latest photo of my Alaska commission. I still have some work to do on it, but it's coming along nicely. My publisher is happy, so that makes me happy too. I hope to finish it up tomorrow, unless he asks for changes.

I need to get busy. I'm working on a painting to list tonight on my sales venues. I'll post an image of that later on.




Fauve Landscape IV
Original 22" x 28" x 0.75" painting
Golden and Liquitex acrylics on gallery-wrapped canvas

This is a new composition in the Fauve Landscape series. The Fauvists were noted for their use of bright colors. The most notable of the Fauvists was Henri Matisse.

Quote of the day: "To a true artist only that face is beautiful which, quite apart from its exterior, shines with the truth within the soul." --Mahatma Gandhi