Monday, February 23, 2009

Alaska Commission Update - 2/23/09


Alaska in Early Fall
Original 60" x 60" painting
Golden and Liquitex acrylics

I still have some work to do on the foreground, but my publisher is THRILLED with what I've done so far. I typically save the foreground until last in order to get the atmospheric perspective just right. I worked on this painting today and managed to crank out two others for listing on my sales venues. It feels good to paint--and I'm grateful for my ability to work for myself and be a working artist.


Tall Red Trees VI
Original 66" x 28" x 0.75" painting - Three 22" x 28" canvases
Golden and Liquitex acrylics on gallery-wrapped canvas

Here is one of the other paintings I worked on today for listing on my sales venues. The Tall Red Trees composition is one that I've reproduced for many patrons over the past 5+ years. This abstract composition lends itself well to large canvases.

Quote of the day: "As thin as this sheet of paper is, it contains everything in the universe in it." --Thich Nhat Hanh