Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Today's Paintings

Red Grass and Cypress Trees
Original 48" x 30" x 0.75" painting
Golden and Liquitex acrylics on gallery-wrapped canvas




Twisted Apple Tree with Pink Blossoms IV
Original 24" x 30" x 0.75" painting
Golden and Liquitex acrylics on gallery-wrapped canvas

Today's paintings are the latest in my seasonal, decorative line of paintings. For today's work I chose Autumn and Spring--my favorite seasons of the year. Red Grass and Cypress Trees is a new composition using the cypress motif that I started with over five years ago when I decided I was going to make a living as an artist. I haven't had to get a day job since.

Twisted Apple Tree with Pink Blossoms IV is a composition that is a favorite among my patrons, and one that I really enjoy recreating. The pink blossoms really pop against the blue sky, which is one reason why I think this composition sells well.

Quote of the day: "Painting completed my life." --Frieda Kahlo