Thursday, May 7, 2009

Eastern Shore, Hudson River


Eastern Shore, Hudson River
Original 30" x 40" x 0.75" painting
Golden, Liquitex, and Chroma acrylics on gallery-wrapped canvas

Today's work includes a painting depicting my native land of New York. I spent my teenage years in the Hudson River Valley, and loved to go down by the river and look west at the Catskill mountains. For me, this painting is a little slice of home.

Tip of the Day
Include business cards with your artwork when you ship it to your patrons. They may have friends or acquaintances that may be interested in buying your work too. My business cards include my email address, web site and blog URLs.



Quote of the Day
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." --Calvin Coolidge