Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Today's Paintings 5.13.09


Still Life with Sunflowers
Original 30" x 40" x 0.75" painting
Golden, Liquitex, and Chroma acrylics on gallery-wrapped canvas




Spring Path II
Original 24" x 36" x 0.75" painting
Golden, Liquitex, and Chroma acrylics on gallery-wrapped canvas

Today's work includes a new still life composition and the newest edition in the Spring Path series. My husband gave me the beautiful sunflowers for Mother's Day that I used in the still life, and I wanted to paint them before they started to fade. My lovely girls gave me some orchids that I want to paint too.

Tip of the Day
Increase your exposure by optimizing your listings and web site with key words and key word phrases. Search engines catalog your web site and in some cases your listings on sales venues by the key words and key word phrases you use. The title line of your home page, as well as the first paragraph or so of text are what they generally pick up on to catalog your site, so be sure to include your name and the type of art you're selling in your title and in the initial content of your home page or blog. Sales venues such as Etsy have documentation on how your listings are cataloged by search engines. Don't miss this valuable opportunity to get the word out about what you do!

Quote of the Day
"I claim to be a simple individual liable to err like any other fellow mortal. I own, however, that I have humility enough to confess my errors and to retrace my steps." --Mahatma Gandhi