Friday, May 15, 2009

Today's Paintings 5.15.09


Utah Sunrise - Manti La Sal National Forest VIII
Original 60" x 40" x 0.75" painting
Golden, Liquitex, and Chroma acrylics on gallery-wrapped canvas




Hudson River from Poet's Walk VI
Original 30" x 40" x 0.75" painting
Golden, Liquitex, and Chroma acrylics on gallery-wrapped canvas

Today's work includes the newest editions in the Utah Sunrise and Hudson River from Poet's Walk series. I just sold the previous two editions of Utah Sunrise, and a commission of Poet's Walk for a patron buying a gift for her daughter's college graduation. I continue to have new commission work, and appreciate my patrons' business.

Tip of the Day
If you're going to make a business of selling your art you'll need to do some research on what the market is looking for, and what prices it will bear. Let's face it--in this market, if people are making choices between paying the mortgage and buying a painting the mortgage will win every time. So what's the solution? Working hard, smart, and having faith that you can make it happen.

Quote of the Day
"The greatest gift you can give to somebody is your own personal development. I used to say, 'If you will take care of me, I will take care of you.' Now I say, 'I will take care of me for you, if you will take care of you for me.'" --Jim Rohn