Friday, February 13, 2009

More of My Recent Work


Red Poppies on Yellow VI
Original 24" x 36" x 0.75" painting
Golden and Liquitex acrylics on gallery-wrapped canvas




Country Road Through Fields
Original 54" x 24" x 0.75" - Three 18" x 24" canvases
Golden and Liquitex acrylics on gallery-wrapped canvas

I've had a burst in sales at the end of this week, which has been great! I know that everyone's hurting now, and that art is a luxury purchase for most people, but hey--even starving artists have to feed their families!

The paintings in this post are two that I did earlier this week. I had kind of a mad scramble the past couple of days working on commissions and reproductions of my own compositions. The Country Roads Through Fields piece sold today to a friend back in the Hudson Valley in my native New York. He's renovating an older home that he's turning into a bed and breakfast place, and has bought several of my paintings to hang in his new establishment.

Red Poppies on Yellow IV is a composition I've sold in different forms to several patrons. People like the fat paint and brush work I do in this piece. It's a fun painting, and one I enjoy recreating. This painting, and many others, are available for sale on the venues where I list my work. Check my links at the top right of my blog.

Quote of the day: "The world today doesn't make sense, so why should I paint pictures that do?" --Pablo Picasso