Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Twisted Apple Tree with Pink Blossoms


Twisted Apple Tree with Pink Blossoms V
Original 24" x 36" x 0.75" painting
Golden and Liquitex acrylics on gallery-wrapped canvas

This painting sold today on one of my sales venues. I enjoy painting this composition because of the contrast the pink blossoms have with the blue sky. The tree trunk seems to get more twisted every time I paint it. The weather has been very spring-like the past few days, and I look forward to seeing real blossoms on the trees in a couple of months.

I made some great progress on the Alaska painting today. My publisher is anxious to see where I'm at with it, but I didn't have good enough light for a photo today. I will post an update here tomorrow.

Quote of the day: "Painting is poetry that is seen rather than felt, and poetry is painting that is felt rather than seen." --Leonardo da Vinci