Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Recent Works


Pear Tree V
Original 30" x 40" x 0.75" painting
Golden and Liquitex acrylics on gallery-wrapped canvas



Prairie Sky and Country Road II
Original 30" x 40" x 0.75" painting
Golden and Liquitex acrylics on gallery-wrapped canvas

These are two paintings I've done in the past two days. My sales have really picked up this week, which makes me a happy camper. I'm going to be getting started on the large Alaska landscape commission that my Atlanta-area publisher has ordered for one of their clients.

The Pear Tree series is one of my favorite ones to paint. I recently sold a variation of this composition to a woman in Brooklyn who bought it as a wedding present. The Prairie Sky series is one I've done several different compositions for. I love painting the huge sky and clouds, and my patrons really love it.

Quote of the day: "Odd how the creative power at once brings the whole universe to order." --Virginia Woolf