Monday, March 30, 2009

Lavender and Blossoms


Provence Lavender Commission
Original 36" x 48" x 1.5" painting
Golden, Liquitex, and Atelier acrylics on gallery-wrapped canvas




Oriental Blossoms IV
Original 30" x 40" x 0.75" painting
Golden, Liquitex, and Atelier acrylics on gallery-wrapped canvas

The paintings in today's post are among my favorites. The Provence Lavender commission was something I did for a patron in Washington who wanted a gift for his wife that would remind her of their trip to France.

The Oriental Blossoms series has been really popular with my patrons. I had to paint another in the series today, because the painting I posted here and listed for sale yesterday sold today. The buyer was a patron in Mississippi who's bought several of my paintings. I'm always pleased to see her back--she's a great lady to work with.

Quote of the day: "Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got till it's gone." --Joni Mitchell