Sunday, March 29, 2009

Today's Paintings 3/29/09



Oriental Blossoms III
Original 24" x 36" x 0.75" painting
Golden, Liquitex, and Atelier acrylics on gallery-wrapped canvas




Springtime Aspens Commission
Original 54" x 24" x 0.75" painting
Three 18" x 24" canvases
Golden, Liquitex, and Atelier acrylics on gallery-wrapped canvas

Today's paintings celebrate the beauty of Spring. Oriental Blossoms III has been in my head for a couple of years now, and I finally put it down on canvas. It was inspired by the crabapple tree in my back yard. Each Spring I look forward to when this tree erupts with those vibrant pink blossoms, and I can't wait for that to happen again this year. I find great joy from the natural beauty in this world, and sharing it with the people I love.

I've created several paintings in the Springtime Aspens series. This commission was requested by a patron who found one version in my web site portfolio. I've created several single and multiple canvas versions of this composition. I am always willing to expand any of my compositions onto multiple canvases at the patron's request. Some of my compositions really lend themselves to diptychs (2 canvases) and triptychs (3 canvases).

Quote of the day: "Beauty is a fragile gift." --Ovid