Saturday, March 21, 2009

Quilts Blowing in Afternoon Breeze Commission (update)


Quilts Blowing in Afternoon Breeze Commission
Original 36" x 48" painting
Golden, Liquitex, Atelier acrylics on gallery-wrapped canvas













Here is the (hopefully) finished version of the Quilts painting, including some close-ups. I'm still awaiting approval from my patron. With commissions I send photos to my patron for their approval, and make any requested changes to the painting. I feel that it's important for my patrons to feel like they're part of the process with commissions.

This painting was inspired by a painting I did a few years ago, and which is in my portfolio on one of my sales venues. I also do commissions from patron's photos, examples of which can be seen on my web site.

Quote of the day: "There is no enlightenment outside of daily life." --Thich Nhat Hahn