Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Still Life with Roses VI


Still Life with Roses VI
Original 24" x 30" x 0.75" painting
Golden, Liquitex, and Atelier acrylics on gallery-wrapped canvas

This painting is the most recent in the Still Life with Roses series, which has been very popular with my patrons. As a painter I find that still life paintings are among my most favorite to paint. I have a patron in Austin who has purchased quite a few still life paintings from me, who has filled most of the wall space in her home with my paintings. She told me recently that she's almost out of room, but that she's got some ideas for paintings at her boyfriend's house where there is plenty of wall space to work with.

Quote of the day: "Art is not so much expressing oneself, as it is discovering oneself." --Anawanitia