Sunday, March 8, 2009

Springtime Garden


Springtime Garden
Original 24" x 36" x 0.75" painting
Golden, Liquitex, and Atelier acrylics on gallery-wrapped canvas

My thoughts turned to Spring this morning as I looked out on the sunny day and the intense blue sky. It's a chilly morning, but the birds were singing, and I see the flowers that will bloom in the fallow earth around me.

This painting was purchased by a patron in Canada who I know gets a glimpse of the season to be every time she looks at this piece. Despite losing an hour to daylight savings I still managed to get the full compliment of sleep--fortunately the time changes always happen on a weekend so I can permit myself that little indulgence.

Quote of the day: "Spring is nature's way of saying, 'Let's party!'" --Robin Williams