Sunday, March 1, 2009

Today's Paintings 3/1/09


Red Trees and Shadows IV
Original 60" x 36" x 0.75" painting
Five 12" x 36" canvases
Golden and Liquitex acrylics on gallery-wrapped canvas




Still Life with Daisy Bouquet and Red Vase VI
Original 18" x 24" x 0.75" painting
Golden and Liquitex acrylics on gallery-wrapped canvases

Today's paintings are two of my compositions that both my patrons and I enjoy. The Red Trees and Shadows piece is a composition that I originally painted when I started out as a working artist. I've done several commissions of this painting, but this is my first multi-canvas rendering.

Still Life with Daisy Bouquet and Red Vase is a recent composition that has been very popular. This one is the latest in the series.

I'll be shipping the Alaska commission tomorrow (yay!) and starting on several new commission orders that came in last week. My commission work has really picked up, along with sales on my selling venues. I have the best job!

Quote of the day: "The world can only be grasped by action, not by contemplation. The hand is the cutting edge of the mind." --Diane Arbus