Monday, April 27, 2009

American Basin Commission (update)


American Basin (Commission)
Original 36" x 48" painting
Golden, Liquitex, and Chroma acrylics

Most of my day was spent working on this commission for my New York patron. He's has two galleries there, and is one of my biggest fans. The commission work keeps streaming in, for which I'm very grateful.

One of the things I enjoy about living in Colorado is the extreme changes in the weather. Last week it was warm and sunny. Over the weekend it was cool and rainy. This is what I awoke to this morning:


Spring Snow - April 27, 2009

Tip of the Day
Include certificates of authenticity with the work you sell. This gives your buyers documentation that the work they've purchased from you is the genuine article. I also had business cards made up with an image of one of my paintings, and included my web site, email, and blog addresses. I send a few with every painting I ship so my patrons can share them with their friends and relatives who might also like my work.

Quote of the Day
"The thought manifests as the word; the word manifests as the deed; the deed develops into habit; and habit hardens into character. So watch the thought and its ways with care, and let it spring from love; born out of concern for all beings." --Buddha