Thursday, April 9, 2009

Today's Paintings 4/9/09


Daffodils II
Original 24" x 36" x 0.75" painting
Golden, Liquitex, and Atelier acrylics on gallery-wrapped canvas




Abstract Floral
Original 24" x 36" x 0.75" painting
Golden, Liquitex, and Atelier acrylics on gallery-wrapped canvas

Today's paintings are a celebration of the season. Daffodils are in bloom around town, and I felt compelled to paint some. I also have a patron who asked for a commission of my original Daffodils piece, so I decided to have fun with it and paint another to list on my sales venues.

The second painting I did today, Abstract Floral, is a new composition, and I hope that this style of painting proves to be popular among my patrons. This painting is somewhat of a departure from my usual style, but it was fun to try something new, too.

Tip of the Day
Shipping your work to your patrons is a cost center. No way around that. However, there are ways to reduce your expenses. Given that I ship paintings, I have found that I need boxes that I can combine in order to ship anything larger than a 18" x 24" canvas. For larger canvases--30" x 40" or larger--I use mirror boxes that I purchase from a storage company.

Quote of the Day
"Nothing worthwhile ever happens quickly and easily. You achieve only as you are determined to achieve..." --Robert H. Lauer