Saturday, April 25, 2009

Cherries in Blue Bowl


Cherries in Blue Bowl
Original 18" x 24" x 1.5" painting
Golden, Liquitex, and Chroma acrylics on gallery-wrapped canvas

I taught my workshop Selling Your Artwork Online today at Colorado Free University, so I had to pull one from the archives for this post. This is one of the paintings I did fairly early on when I started painting as a day job. My students at CFU today were great! I'm hoping that they will pass the word on to their friends too.

My husband and I will be teaching our workshop at Jerry's Artarama in Englewood, CO (South Denver) starting next month. Please visit our web site for more information, including how to register.

Tip of the Day
Determine what your main goal is for getting your artwork online: sales, increased exposure, online portfolio, etc. Define small, achievable steps that lead you toward the main goal. Do the research, look at FAQs, and ask questions on art community forums on various art and sales venues.

Quote of the Day
"Honor is self-esteem made visible in action." --Ayn Rand