Thursday, April 16, 2009

Today's Paintings 4.16.09


Oriental Blossoms V
Original 72" x 30" 0.75" painting
Golden, Liquitex, and Atelier acrylics on gallery-wrapped canvas




Abstract Poppies
Original 24" x 36" x 0.75" painting
Golden, Liquitex, and Atelier acrylics on gallery-wrapped canvas

Today's work includes a new edition in the Oriental Blossoms series, and a new poppies composition. A local patron in Denver purchased two of the Blossoms paintings yesterday, having found my work on one of my sales venues, and liked having the option of viewing her paintings before she purchased them.

Tip of the Day
I'm usually not lucky enough to have a local patron who can view my work in person before they buy. Most of my patrons are out of state, hence the necessity to have multiple, good photos of your work when selling it online. If they can't pick it up and hold it, and examine it closely, you have to give them the next best thing: several views of the piece you're selling, including close-ups. I, and many other painters, also include a "room shot" like the one below so that potential buyers can see what the painting will look like on the wall. It's not going to be their wall, but it gives them a sense of what my paintings look like when hung.


Example Room Shot Featuring Oriental Blossoms V

Quote of the Day
"I have come to terms with a lot of things, because, when all's said and done, there's really very little one can do about a lot of things. You just accept them. The point is you just have to keep on working and you just have to keep on living." --Jim Dine