Sunday, April 5, 2009

Rocky Mountain Sunburst


Rocky Mountain Sunburst
Original 24" x 36" x 0.75" painting
Golden, Liquitex, and Atelier acrylics on gallery-wrapped canvas

I've been working on commissions all weekend of paintings from series I've posted here recently, so I thought I'd post one from the archives. This painting is one of my landscapes I painted last summer featuring the Rocky Mountains of my adoptive home state Colorado. I've lived here for nearly 20 years and never tire of the natural beauty that is all around me here. My family and I love to hike in landscapes just like this one, and hope to have lots of good trail time this summer.

Tip of the Day
It's easy to find low or no cost venues to display your online portfolio and increase exposure--such as blogger.com. Be sure to include links to your blog in your email signature line and on your web site if you have one--and vice versa. Also, if you network with other artists, discuss sharing links with them to help them promote their web site and/or blog in exchange for promoting yours. According to Google the more places with links to your web site or blog the greater your chances of improving your ranking in search engine results.

Quote of the Day
"... that is what learning is. You suddenly understand something you've understood all your life, but in a new way." --Doris Lessing