Sunday, April 26, 2009

Today's Paintings 4.26.09


Still Life with Blue Bowl and Cherries
Original 30" x 40" x 0.75" painting
Golden, Liquitex, and Chroma acrylics on gallery-wrapped canvas




Abstract Gerber Daisies
Original 22" x 28" x 0.75" painting
Golden, Liquitex, and Chroma acrylics on gallery-wrapped canvas

Today's work includes two new compositions. Personally, still life paintings are among my favorites to paint, and I am quite pleased with how Still Life with Blue Bowl and Cherries turned out. Abstract Gerber Daisies is the newest in my abstract floral series, and I enjoyed the collaboration with my apprentice on this one, too. My commission work continues to thrive, and I am very grateful to my patrons for their orders.

Tip of the Day
Remember the importance of feedback on your sales venues. Feedback is your report card from buyers, and demonstrates to potential new buyers that you're a seller who's good to work with. I have 100% positive feedback on my sales venues in part because I go out of my way to communicate well with my buyers, ship their paintings well packaged and in a timely manner, and make the transaction as painless as possible for them.

Quote of the Day
"In mathematics the complicated things are reduced to simple things. So it is in painting." --Thomas Eakins