Monday, April 6, 2009

Creek in Autumn


Creek in Autumn
Original 22" x 28" x 0.75" painting
Golden, Liquitex, and Atelier acrylics on gallery-wrapped canvas

Today's painting was inspired by photos I took last fall. While I'm anxious for warmer weather, spring and autumn are my favorite seasons to paint. This is a new composition for me, which I hope my patrons enjoy. The soft touch of the clouds and red leaves, and the illusion of space are the challenges I enjoy when creating a painting like this one.

Tip of the Day
One of the first things we discuss in our workshop on selling your art online is defining your goals. Why are you putting your art online? Are you establishing an online presence for your work? Hoping to sell your work online? Do you want to put your portfolio online? Increase your exposure to galleries, publishers, and patrons? It's important that you define your goals for putting your work online, so that you have a clear direction on what it is you hope to achieve, and so you can take the necessary next steps to realize your goals.

Quote of the Day
"Be winged arrows aiming at fulfillment and goal." --Paul Klee