Saturday, April 4, 2009

Blustery Day


Blustery Day
Original 24" x 36" x 0.75" painting
Golden, Liquitex, and Atelier acrylics on gallery-wrapped canvas

We've had some really windy days this winter and spring, which were the main inspiration for this painting. I also liked the motion that this painting conveys. I borrowed the tree shape from my Twisted Apple Tree series, which I normally depict as a springtime painting with pink blossoms--and which my patrons thoroughly enjoy.

My husband and I presented a workshop today on selling artwork online at our local Jerry's Artarama in Englewood, CO. We presented 90 minutes of a 6-hour workshop that we'll be giving at Colorado Free University on April 25 from 9:00-4:00. We had a tremendous turnout at Jerry's today--60 people! I want to personally thank everyone who attended today, as well as the staff at Jerry's for their assistance and professionalism. We are hoping to offer our full workshop at Jerry's in the coming months, so stay tuned!

Quote of the day: "Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." --Dalai Lama